The support department is a very important function at OP5 and is responsible for a large part of our revenue and our impressive customer approval rating. You will work with answering questions and assisting with advanced problem solving for our customers. You will have the opportunity to dig deep in the technical parts of the product. The support is primarily provided via email or web. Much of the development of our products is customer driven and you will be a very important link in that since you will work with our customers’ needs on a daily basis. You will also get the opportunity to produce technical documents and articles.
For this position, you will need to speak up when you don't understand or disagree, and give kudos when colleagues do the same. You have good interpersonal and communication skills and you are self-driven with a high sense of responsibility to deliver results on time. You show humility when you are right and have the confidence to admit mistakes.
For this position you need to have good competence within Unix/Linux as well as knowledge in scripting and programming (shell, PHP, Perl, Python). Required background
What you will do
- Good knowledge of Unix / Linux
- Experience in scripting or programming (shell, PHP, Perl, Python)
- Written and spoken Swedish and English
- Help our customers with challenging technical questions related to the use of our products
- Write technical documents
These are some of the technologies we use or are evaluating. If you have experience with any of them you'll be an even more valuable asset for your team.
- Knowledge of Nagios or OP5 Monitor
- Experience in working with both Linux and Windows environments
- Experience in working with IT operations or previous sole as system administrator
- Experience in technical support work
- Experience in Open Source
- Elastic Stack (ELK)
- Influx DB
- Open Stack
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via this tool as soon as possible but no later than November 17th, 2017. Your application documents shall include CV and cover letter.
For information about this position, please contact Martin Bergek