Are you the developer we are looking for? Our team members are comfortable with Linux, ideally CentOS/RHEL 7 but if you are a Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo or any other distribution guy or gal that is perfectly OK as well. We are experienced with Git and use an agile development methodology. The company is Swedish but we have offices in several countries and we try to keep up a good communication so you will have lots of opportunities to use your English skills on a daily basis.
For this position, you will need to speak up when you don't understand or disagree, and give kudos when colleagues do the same. You have good interpersonal and communication skills and you are self-driven with a high sense of responsibility to deliver results on time. You show humility when you are right and have the confidence to admit mistakes. You'll be writing testable code, using test driven development when applicable.Required background
- Experience from C programming
- Experience with object oriented programming in languages such as PHP, Python, Perl, Java
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures and how choices affect execution time and user experience.
What you will do
- Be a key player in the continued development of OP5 Monitor
- Assist in transforming the product to an API first platform using modern technologies
- Help our customers make sense of vast amounts of collected data
- Work in an agile Scrum team
- Engage in the open source community
These are some of the technologies we use or are evaluating. If you have experience with any of them you'll be an even more valuable asset for your team.
- Database design using relational databases (SQL), understanding how the database schema affects performance
- Involvement in open source projects
- Experience with design patterns such as MVC, visitor, adapter, facade
- IT system administration (experience as sysadmin)
- Relevant computer engineering or informatics degree
- Continuous integration systems such as Buildbot, Jenkins, Travis, Go-CD
- Message queues such as RabbitMQ/ZeroMQ/Kafka
- Automation engines such as Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Saltstack
- Metric visualization such as Grafana, Graphite, Kibana
- Elastic Stack
- Configuration DBs such as Zookeeper
- Distributed computation such as Apache Storm, Spark, Hadoop
- Container related technologies such as Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- Distributed databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, RethinkDB
- Time series databases such as InfluxDB, Whisper
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via this tool as soon as possible but no later than November 17th, 2017. Your application documents shall include CV and cover letter.
For information about this position, please contact Martin Bergek