Product Marketing Manager
The new role, Product Marketing Manager, will be a key role to ensure OP5’s products and business values are efficiently communicated to the market. You will be responsible for OP5’s product communication strategy, such as development of Positioning, Customer Profiling and Key Selling Points for the different products. You will also have a heavy responsibility to efficiently implementation through content creation such as website information, product sheets, webinars, blog articles and technical white papers. You will be working both strategically and very hands-on, from initiative to finish communication in different channels.
This role is perfect to a very technical person, knowing a lot about IT infrastructure, open source, software industry and monitoring and who really likes to write about and explain those things for others.
We are seeking a driven, energetic and humble person with great technical knowledge, excellent communication skills and a solution-oriented mindset. Your responsibilities:
- Product communication strategy – Develop positioning, customer profiles, key selling points and driving forces for different target groups and how to communicate with these in collaboration with CMO, PM and sales. Responsible for communication of existing products and services offerings as well as planning for coming products and how to position these in the right market segments.
- Product and industry content and communication material – Responsible for creation of content to ensure the products are marketed correct and to build OP5’s brand as THE monitoring tool company. Responsible for creation of all material and content related to technical topics or products, such as white papers, product descriptions/sheets, technical blog posts, webinars and product releases.
- Customer, competitor and industry intelligence – Gather and keep up to date with industry trends, competitor’s communication and how OP5’s target customers’ challenges and key drivers to enable development of successful strategies and relevant content about products and monitoring in general.
- Relevant experience within e.g. technical product marketing or technical journalism alternatively an engineer or technical writer who want to take the next step into marketing.
- Deep knowledge of IT, preferable within monitoring. Can easily write about topics like “Monitoring a distributed network”, “Software defined IT Infrastructure”, “How to do useful reports through your monitoring tool”, “Alternatives to Nagios Monitoring”
- Understanding of marketing frameworks, such as positioning statements, target groups and Key selling points.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Project management skills and experience of collaboration with different stakeholder and variety of personalities.
- Easy to collaborate with, open for change and up for the challenges a smaller, entrepreneurial organization always is facing.
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via this tool as soon as possible but no later than Oct 31th, 2017. Your application documents shall include CV and cover letter, written in English.